- You know that Golden Rule “Treat others as you want to be treated.”
- You have to work hard for what you want, things are not always handed to you.
- Truth is always the best, even if it might hurt.
- Stand up for what you know is right.
- Defend/Help those that can’t do it themselves.
- Life isn’t always fair.
- It’s better to give than get.
- Be a leader not a follower.
- Respect is not something you can demand and receive. It must be earned and reciprocated.
Problem is she doesn’t want to tell them no and tries her best to be the “good parent.” Not the good as in take care of the properly, good as in the one that spoils, caters, and jumps at every demand so that she can remain the one they pick because at 4 they don’t know any better yet.
This is so hard when here the girls had manners at one point. (Having to remind them to say it again is exhausting, I did it once already) That they don’t call each other or anyone else horrible names. That a time out means you WILL sit there until I SAY YOU CAN MOVE! (that goes for blinking too, ok maybe not but you know)
That just because you mother despises the fact that I can take better care of you, and you LOVE me, and tell me that in front of her, DOES NOT mean you can hit me and scream “Mommy says to HATE you!!” Oh yes they have. I had to leave the room and bawl after that. Surprisingly not for what they said, but for there mom for the fact she is going to teach the girls these things. That she is going to after over three years start playing these games with the girls.
We are trying to stay consistent in teaching the girls right from wrong when they are here. Explaining what their mother tells them to do to me is not respectful or nice. That you can catch more flies with honey, oh wait I’m sure you understand what I’m trying to say. I’m trying my best to stay pleasant and respectful on exchanges, as tough as it is I do. So now that I’ve opened the door of the bloggy world to my chaos as a step-mom I’m sure you will hear more.
Don’t forget Mission Monkey!!
Click her button on the left to see details or tune in tomorrow for all the ways you can donate and help too!!!